LABF starts our 2022-2023 year with our first educational session titled: "Substance Use and Mental Disorders: They Affect Us All". We hope you will join us for this important topic which will touch upon, among other things, the following:
- Learning about work-life balance and how to avoid burnout issues;
- Discussing how substance use and mental health issues can lead to detrimental and/or deadly consequences, including suicide;
- Discussing an attorney's responsibilities with respect to competency and ethical issues;
- Developing a self-care plan and incorporating wellness strategies during these challenging times; and
- Learning about the State Bar of California Lawyer Assistance Program and other resources to maintain a balanced and healthy lifestyle.
Date: October 3, 2022
Location: Zoom (link will be sent upon registration)
Time: 5:00 to 5:30 pm -Young Professionals happy hour
5:30 to 7:00 pm - State of the Court by Judge Theodor C. Albert
and Educational Program
Panelists: Lita Abella, Senior Program Analyst, State Bar of California
Rudy J. Cerone, Member, McGlinchey Stafford, PLLC
James Patrick Shea, Founding Partner, Shea Larsen, PC
LABF members: $25
Students and government employees: $0
This activity has been approved for 1.5 hours of MCLE by the State Bar of California. (One hour of competency and .25 hour of ethics). The Los Angeles Bankruptcy Forum certifies that this activity conforms to the standard for approved educational activities prescribed by the rules and regulations of the State Bar of California.
Deductibility of Event Registration Fees
Event registration fees are not tax deductible as charitable contributions. However, they may be tax deductible as ordinary and necessary business expenses. Please consult your tax professional for specific advice.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We only use your personal information to carry out transactions you have requested.
Return, Refunds and Cancellation Policy
All cancellations and refund requests must be received by LABF no later than the Thursday prior to the event. Thereafter, all sales are final and no refunds are given. To cancel, email us at email@example.com.
No products are shipped or delivered. We encourage you to print a receipt for your records.