Lovee D. Sarenas Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
Levene, Neale, Bender, Yoo & Golubchik LLP
Honorable Richard M. Neiter Summer Bankruptcy Fellowship & Externship Fund
Sponsored by the Los Angeles Bankruptcy Forum Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee
The LABF's Honorable Richard M. Neiter Summer Bankruptcy Fellowship & Externship Fund which launched in 2021 is intended to promote diversity in the Central District of California’s bankruptcy practice and provide financial assistance to law students who will be serve as full-time judicial externs with a Central District bankruptcy judge this summer.
To apply, click on the application link below and submit your completed application by March 31, 2023. However, those who have been offered a summer bankruptcy externship after March 31, 2023 may submit their application within seven days of the date of acceptance of a Central District Bankruptcy Court summer externship.
Important Information Regarding the Fellowship and Stipend
1. The Fellowship and Externship Fund is open to students who have accepted an offer to serve a full-time summer externship with a bankruptcy judge in the Central District of California.
2. The stipend will be at least $4,000 per award recipient.
3. The number of stipends will depend on availability of funds, and applicants may be invited to participate in the fellowship without a stipend or with a partial stipend.
4. The fellowship will include one or more social or educational activities over the summer.
5. Questions and completed applications should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: “Neiter Fellowship”).
6. Summer 2023 application deadline is March 31, 2023.
7. 2023 awards will be announced by May 1, 2023.
Good luck, and we hope to see you this summer!